Looking for a career in design-related job roles, but do not know where to start? Check out the design Career Conversion Programmes (CCPs) available today! CCPs are targeted at Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs), including mid-career switchers, to undergo industry-recognised training, reskill and take on new job roles in growth areas.
Participating companies can also access a wider pool of candidates when hiring through CCPs.
Information on design CCPs
Currently, the design CCPs available are:
- CCP for Design Professionals (User Experience/User Interface [UX/UI])
- CCP for Digital Advertising and Marketing Professionals
- CCP for Experience Design (UX/UI)
- CCP for Furniture Industry Talent (Design)
More details on these design CCPs can be found in the table below:
|Name of design CCP||Programme manager||Summary||Links for more details and application|
|CCP for Design Professionals (UX/UI)||Chatsworth Medi@rt Academy||Aims to place and train local PMETs to take up job roles such as User Experience (UX) designer, User Interaction (UI) designer, UX/UI designer, customer experience designer, UX consultant, content designer, graphic designer (UX/UI) and project manager|
Train local PMETs in the areas of UI design, user research and UX design, and web development coding
|CCP for Digital Advertising and Marketing Professionals||The AAMS Limited||Aims to place and train local PMETs through a six-month On-the-Job Training (OJT) programme to facilitate their conversion to take up job roles such as brand manager, digital marketer and social media marketer across all industries.||Click here|
|CCP for Experience Design (UX/UI)||Methodology||Aims to place and train local PMETs to take up job roles such as User Experience (UX) designer, User Interaction (UI) designer, UX/UI designer, customer experience designer, UX consultant, content designer and project manager|
Trains local PMETs in the areas of UX research, UX for digital and spatial design and design thinking for UX
|CCP for Furniture Industry Talent (Design)||SFIC Institute||Aims to place and train local PMETs through a six-month On-the-Job Training (OJT) programme to facilitate their conversion to take up job roles such as interior designer, product and furniture designer, and sales designer in the furniture and furniture-related industries.||Click here|
Who is eligible to apply?
The Programme is open to all company-sponsored applicants who meet the following General Eligibility Criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Permanent Resident (PR) aged 21 years and above;
- New hires must have graduated or completed National Service, whichever is later, at least two years at the point of application;
- Must be a newly hired PMET (i.e. not more than three (3) months from date of employment), and nominated by an eligible company for the CCP;
- Must not be in a similar job role prior to joining the CCP;
- Must not be a shareholder of the participating company, or its related companies;
- Must not be related to the owner(s) of the participating company; and
- Must not be an immediate ex-staff of the participating company, or its related companies.
Selected applicants will undergo screening, interview and shortlisting process as determined by the hiring company.
Please click on the links above on the CCP of your interest for more details.
What can applicants expect when undergoing a CCP?
- Selected CCP trainees will go through six months of training comprising classroom training and structured on-the-job training with the hiring company.
How can companies participate?
Companies interested in participating in the CCPs must fulfil the following:
- Be registered or incorporated in Singapore with a valid Unique Entity Number with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority;
- Offer a full-time PMET position related to job role which the CCP is for, and at least a 12-month employment contract;
- Ensure that new hires are not:
- A shareholder of the CCP company, or its related companies;
- Related to the owner(s) of the CCP company; and
- Immediate ex-staff of the CCP company, or its related companies.
- Must put in place structured on-the-job training for the candidate; and
- Commit to CCP training arrangements for the candidate.
Note: Companies must commit to working with Workforce Singapore (WSG) and the appointed programme manager on necessary administrative matters related to the CCP.
To register your interest, please fill in the form here and you will be contacted within one to two weeks’ time. Do note that the indication of interest is not an application for the CCP.
Financial support available to companies
Eligible hiring companies will receive course fee grant and salary support during the CCP training duration.
|WSG’s funding to companies||Standard rate||Enhanced rate|
|Course fee grant||Up to 70% course fee funding||Please click into the CCP of your interest above for more details.|
|Salary support||Up to 70% of monthly salary for CCP training duration (capped at $4,000 per month)||Up to 90% of monthly salary for CCP training duration (capped at $6,000 per month)|
For SC trainees who are unemployed and actively seeking employment for six months or more, and/or SC trainees aged 40 years and above in the year of commencement of the CCP.
More information and contact details
For more information on design CCPs and other related enquiries, you may contact us at:
|Name of design CCP||Programme Manager||Contact details|
|CCP for Design Professionals (UX/UI)||Chatsworth Medi@rt Academy||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|CCP for Digital Advertising and Marketing Professionals||The AAMS Limited||Email: |
|CCP for Experience Design (UX/UI)||Methodology||Email: CCP@methodology.sg|
|CCP for Furniture Industry Talent (Design)||SFIC Institute||Email: email@example.com|