TERRARIUM imagines a hybridised reality that ponders future possibilities for nature and how technology could blur the lines between what’s living and what’s truly alive. Step into an immersive garden landscape dreamt up by AUX Media Group in collaboration with lifestyle brand Binary Style, who is also launching a special Bras Basah.Bugis precinct design commission and merchandise; have a picnic amidst the gorgeous paper flora creations by PAPERSYNTHESIS; and examine how game engines and 3D modelling allow nature to thrive in the digital realm through a dynamic and interactive display by BIOS: Living NFTs, where you can help a digital garden grow. Living, not alive, these plants are inherently digital, yet also responsive inhabitants of the virtual and physical realms.
AUX Media Group evolved from a traditional events company to a leader in extended reality, using technology to create immersive storytelling. SERIAL CO_ is the creative technology studio behind BIOS: Living NFTS, that aims to connect the physical world with the Metaverse. Binary Style is a homegrown design atelier that is helmed by twin sisters Santhi and Sari Tunas. PAPERSYNTHESIS is a paper floral studio established by Singapore-based paper artist, Mabel Low.
TERRARIUM is co-presented by the National Heritage Board (NHB), the DesignSingapore Council and the National Design Centre as part of Singapore Night Festival.
Watch the video here:
Enjoy these other Singapore Night Festival offerings and programmes by our tenants:
Commissioned by the National Design Centre, the Bras Basah. Bugis Precinct Scarf and Tote Bag with Charm features iconic buildings in the precinct such as The Cathay, Fort Canning Park, Bugis Street, and historic architecture design elements of the National Design Centre.
For sale at:
- Middle Ground and Atelier Binary at National Design Centre
- Online at binarystyle.co
- Scarf: $84 / Tote Bag with Charm: $35
Reimagine the possibilities of waste!
Presented by The Idea Co and Miniwiz, witness how technology can turn trash into treasure at TRASHLAB during the Singapore Night Festival, and take home your very own sustainable terrarium or ornament bowl.
A public collection drive of clean bottle caps will also be run during the festival, to create new uses for these materials and build a truly circular economy.
Reef Rescue, a game that educates on issues around marine pollution, will also be available for demo and purchase.
The TRASHLAB will be open on 19, 20, 26 and 27 August (Fridays and Saturdays)
1st run: 8pm – 9pm, 2nd run: 9pm – 10pm. Walk-in only, no registration required.
- $38 – $68 for sustainable terrariums and ornament bowls
- $4 – $6 for drinks, as part of a collection drive for clean bottle caps during the festival
- $18 for Reef Rescue game on marine plastic pollution
Tanuki Raw / Middle Ground
Grab a picnic “basket” from Middle Ground and dine on the lawn at TERRARIUM! Picnic bundle includes:
- Spicy Chicken Donut Sandwich made with crispy panko fried pulled chicken, cheese katsu, spicy Korean chili sauce, and lettuce all bundled in a soft glazed donut. Made just for Night Fest!
- NDC Truffle Yakiniku Donburi – sliced beef short rib, onsen egg, truffle soy sauce, and house-made pickles over our signature rice
- Banana Chocolate Donut Sandwich – a sinful sandwich of banana cream and double fudge chocolate brownie in a soft glazed donut, also created for Night Fest.
- Triple Chocolate Walnut Cookie with bitter dark chocolate, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and lightly toasted chopped walnuts in an oversized cookie
- 750ml bottle of prosecco because what’s a picnic without a little bubbly?
- Reusable bag by The Paper Bunny
Find out more from http://tanukiraw.com/nightfest2022
Aux Media Group
AUX Media Group connects brands and people, evolving from a traditional events company to a leader in extended reality and technology to create immersive storytelling.
Since 2001, AUX Media Group has been trusted by some of the biggest and most exciting brands to produce large-scale colourful festivals and extravaganzas and intimate activations and events.
Name: AUX Media Group
Email Address: email@example.com