Embark on a virtual Field Trip to Redhill, uncovering design secrets, green thumbs, and stories hidden beneath its vernacular!
Through a mix of guided and spontaneous wanderings, uncover the design of everyday life and community-shared spaces in this bizarre, fun and collective manner—revealing the uncommon beauty of common things around us. Let’s look beyond the familiar sights to (re)think and (re)imagine how we can engage and empower our communities!
- 10:00 Room opens + Introduction
- 10:15 Telling of Myth of Red Hill
- 10:20 Field Trip (Part 1) Design of Everyday Life & Engaging Communities
- 11:00 Field Trip (Part 2) Empowering Communities in New Community-Shared Spaces
- 11:35 Chit Chat @ Wayang Pavilion Conversations on Placemaking Q&A
- 11:45 Closing
This event is organised by Myths on a Red Hill, DesignSingapore Associates Network, and DesignSingapore Council. In collaboration with City Sprouts, supported by Zarch Collaboratives and the National Design Centre.
This event is part of the National Design Centre’s “Next Gen” programme line-up for October – November 2020.