United we stand, a community of support and rapport as a body of Interior Design professionals.
Supported by and working together with IFI – the International Federation of Interior Architects/Designers (the world’s ‘UN’ of the Interiors discipline), the Asia Roundtable will bring together 15 nations in an epic webinar, where the national associations, international bodies, guests, renowned designers, and vendors are involved in a roundtable discussion. Other nations and territories include: Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
Asia Roundtable will be one of the highlights during SIDFest 2021 to celebrate the positive perspective and invites designers to create experiences using the tools of our trade — materials, lights, colours, textures, spaces to paint — as a love letter and call to arms, for the fraternity, from the fraternity. The theme of the rapid roundtable webinar will be on: The Paradigm shift in the Interior Design Industry.
– Opening Address by Moderators:
- Fann Zhi Jie, SIDS Honorary Treasurer (English Moderator)
- Kat Tan, SIDS Honorary Secretary (Chinese Moderator)
– Welcome Address by SIDS President, Prof Keat Ong
– Speech by IFI CEO, Ms. Shashi Caan
– Speakers Speech (5mins for each speaker):
- Australia – Mr. Desmond Freeman
- China – Mr. Luo Zheng Jiang
- Hong Kong – Mr. Horace Pan
- India – Ms. Jabeen L Zacharias
- Indonesia – Ms. Lea Aviliani Aziz
- Japan – Mr. Hiroyuki
- Macau – Mr. Fu Jun
- Malaysia – Mr. Lai Siew Hong
- Philippines – Ms. Lilia de Jesus
- Singapore – Prof. Keat Ong
- South Korea – Mr. In Hark Park
- Sri Lanka – Mr. Prasanna Aluthge
- Taiwan – Mr. Emil Chao
- Thailand – Ms. Vipavadee Patpongpibul
- Vietnam – Ms. Danh Tran
– Closing Remark by SIDS President, Prof Keat Ong
Organised by Society of Interior Designers, Singapore as part of SIDFest 2021. Supported by the DesignSingapore Council and the National Design Centre.
About Society of Interior Designers, Singapore (SIDS)
Society of Interior Designers, Singapore (SIDS) began as a professional body for Singaporean and Singapore-based Interior Designers in 1994. In the years to come, it grew stronger and in 2004 was the leading interior design body locally. As a non-profit organisation governed by law, the Society has not only to protect the standards of professionalism for Interior Designers, but to be able to resolve industry issues. It has a solemn duty to promote the creativity and professionalism of the Singapore Interior Design Industry to the world.