This guide has been written for Singapore-based design consultancies wanting to grow their clientele base by offering design strategy and other consulting work to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Singapore.
SMEs often engage management consultants as part of their business upgrading efforts. Hence, management consultants play an important role in companies’ growth journey by helping them solve issues, improve business performance, identify opportunities and create sustainable value. These are services that design consultancies in Singapore are increasingly able to provide.
SMEs can offset the consultancy-related costs by applying for support from the Enterprise Singapore (ESG)’s Enterprise Development Grant (EDG). However to qualify, they must engage management consultants that have ESG-recognised certification.
This certification, known as the Technical Reference for Management Consultants (TR 43:2015), was developed by ESG and the Singapore Standards Council in 2015 to establish the baseline for professional standards and practices for management consultants in Singapore.
This guide covers the following:
- What is TR-certification?
- Why do you need TR-certification?
2. Certification bodies & certification programmes
- Institute of Management Consultants
- Singapore PMC Certification
- TUV SUD
3. Application process, criteria and costs
- Registered Management Consultancy (RMC) certification
- Practising Management Consultant (PMC) certification
- Singapore Certified Management Consultants (SCMC) certification
4. Frequently Asked Questions
Expand your pool of clients
How Design Consultants can be TR-Certified
Expand your pool of clients into the SME segment by getting the TR-Certification. This guide lists down the 3 certification bodies, a rough overview on the application process and associated costs.