This scheme, by DesignSingapore Council and Enterprise Singapore, supports small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to develop sound business solutions, by identifying new growth and innovation areas through a user-centred design process.
Who is this for
SMEs interested to:
- venture into new businesses/markets;
- increase competitiveness in existing core businesses;
- improve operational efficiencies
To enable SMEs to:
- understand user needs and markets, and identify problem statements;
- develop new touchpoints and innovation opportunities;
- develop sound business grant proposals;
- implement strategies and recommendations identified
This scheme has three stages:
- Implement (subject to approval of grant proposal)
Stage #1: Discover (2 weeks)
The SME is matched with design consultancy to:
- understand customers and markets;
- identify problem statements; and
- identify possible areas of innovation
Stage #2: Prioritise (2-3 weeks)
The SME and the design consultancy will use insights from the “Discover” stage to determine new innovation opportunities and create new touchpoints.
Key deliverable is an implementation roadmap that will result in:
- Enterprise Singapore grant proposal;
- short-term priority goals;
- measurable KPIs
Note: Up to 80% of the project costs of Stages 1 and 2 will be supported by DesignSingapore Council, capped at S$40,000.
Stage #3: Implement (6-12 months)
- Subject to approval of grant proposal by Enterprise Singapore;
- Approved projects will be funded up to 90%;
- SME and design consultancy to implement strategies and recommendations outlined in approved proposal
Companies must be:
- registered and operating in Singapore;
- have minimum 30% local shareholding; and
- company’s group annual sales turnover not more than S$100 million; or
- company’s group employment size not more than 200 workers
Additionally, the DesignSingapore Council (Dsg) is a partner under the Singapore Business Federation’s (SBF) Rising in Support of Enterprises (RISE) Programme. The RISE Programme was established by SBF to help businesses transform and emerge stronger through COVID-19 challenges.
Dsg’s User Journey Mapping and Frame & Scope (Stage #1 and Stage #2 – ie. Discover and Prioritise phase) are qualified as Business Growth activities. Eligible SBF members who have attended these qualifying activities may apply to SBF for a one-time support of up to $500 to offset the costs of participation.
This programme is in collaboration with:
How to apply
Interested SMEs should contact their Enterprise Singapore Account Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.